9th International Conference on Water Resources and Arid Environments
– Special Virtual Event –
29-31 March 2021
- King Saud University, represented by the Prince Sultan Institute for Environmental, Water & Desert Research
- Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz International Prize for Water (PSIPW)
- Saudi Ministry of Environment, Water & Agriculture
- Sultan Bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud Foundation
- King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Duration of Conference:
- 3 days
- The Opening Ceremony will begin at 18:00 Riyadh time (15:00 GMT) on 29 March 2021 and last for one hour. It will be followed by two parallel scientific sessions in two virtual conference rooms. Four presentations will be given in each room (for a total of 8 for the day). A half hour will be allotted to each presentation (20 minutes for presenting and 10 minutes for live question-and-answer).
- Scientific sessions will resume on 30 and 31 March 2021, beginning at 18:00 Riyadh time (15:00 GMT). There will be two parallel sessions. Six presentations will be given in each of the two virtual conference rooms (for a total of 12 presentations each day). A half hour will be allotted to each presentation (20 minutes for presenting and 10 minutes for live question and answer.
- English and Arabic (with translation provided)
- Online registration will open for interactive attendance after 15 January 2021 on the conference website.
- Former and current prizewinners of the Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz International Prize for Water (PSIPW) will be invited to give virtual presentations regarding the progress of the innovative water solutions for which they received the prize or on their more recent water research projects.
- Leading local and international water and environmental science researchers of the highest calibre will be invited as well to give presentations related to the conference�s four major themes.
I. Water Resources
- Innovative methods for rain and runoff water modeling
- Assessment and control of radioactive contamination in groundwater
- Innovative methods for water production from non-traditional water resources
- Remote sensing and GIS applications for water resources management
- Water harvesting and groundwater recharge
II. Water Conservation
- Water conservation in the agricultural, industrial and municipal sectors
- New technologies and methods for water conservation
III. Arid Environments
- Pollution of desert environments
- Climate change and its impact on the desert environment
- Plant cover in arid environments
- Conservation of biodiversity in arid environments
- Desertification and how to combat it
IV. Utilization of New Technologies in the Study of Arid Environments and their Natural Resources
- Remote sensing (systems and techniques)
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and Global Positioning Systems (GPS)
- Modern measuring systems and devices
- Utilization of sustainable energy in water resource development
- Conference participants will be able to explore the stalls in a dedicated virtual exhibition hall on all three days of the conference from 16:00 to 23:00 Riyadh time (13:00-20:00 GMT).
Information Brochure (English) PDF